August 07, 2012

Samm Blake on the X-Pro1

Here's the last post on the Digital Show interviews with photographers using the Fujifilm X-Pro 1...

Samm Blake, wedding photographer - “The more my subjects see of my face the greater the connection. It becomes a dialogue between us rather than a piece of machinery between our faces”.

“My style of wedding photography is very intimate, personable, and honest. I still use my DSLRs, but I also like to capture very quiet moments and the X Pro 1 helps me to achieve this because it is not as intimidating as holding a big camera up in front of someone.”

She continues. “I also use it a lot at the receptions where I am trying to get photos of people laughing and having a good time. With a big camera with a big flash they see you coming and give you ‘cheesy photo face’, whereas I go into more stealth mode with this camera. I get a lot more shots that I can use to tell the story of their wedding day in a more photojournalistic style”.

“There’s nothing I don’t like about it. It definitely takes you back to the roots of photography where we all started, that’s one thing I really, really enjoy about this camera. I find it really refreshing…shooting with a new camera that’s where I find new work,” Samm concludes.

Copyright Samm Blake 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment